The Congress theme “Redefining the Role of Hospitals – Innovating in Population Health” of the 27th EAHM Congress will address innovation in population health and debate the issues concerning the redefinition of the role of hospitals in present day societies in order to facing the current challenges across the developed world and the rising demand driven in particular by:
- The demographic changes – more people, living longer with chronic conditions and multiple co-morbidities;
- The rising expectations of patients, the population and the politicians;
- The increasing regulation and standards in quality and safety;
- The rapid innovation cycle in drugs and therapeutics solutions and the consequent economic impact;
- The need to move from service-delivery models to integrated healthcare systems;
- The focus on outcomes and value that improve the health results of the population;
- The empowerment of individuals to value their health and manage their own care.
The major objectives of the 27th EAHM congress is to enable healthcare decision makers, leaders, thinkers, researchers and managers to explore current and future visions, ideas and actions, that can address the challenges and opportunities in healthcare systems management throughout Europe and beyond. During the 27th EAHM congress scientific programme, special focus will be given to following topics:
- The development of People Centeredness Systems based on the needs and satisfaction of the individuals;
- The identification and effective implementation of models, solutions, methodologies and processes of vertical and horizontal Integration of care;
- The challenges on implementation of Innovative provision models that assure new health care solutions based on new technologies opportunities: digital era, diagnosis, therapy, communication, big data, artificial intelligence, etc.
- The need to adopted new funding and management solutions that can ensure Financial sustainability;
- The need to development solutions based on Population health dynamics that assure responses to their needs.
The 27th EAHM Congress will include a blend of plenary sessions, round tables discussions, workshops of scientific oral communications on the major topics and also sponsored symposiums. The major topics of the 27th EAHM congress will be:
1. People Centeredness
- Creation of person-centered cultures and needs;
- Healthcare humanization;
- Health and Social care – integrated approaches;
- Patient satisfaction/experience and Patient reported outcomes;
- Improving care for patients and families;
- Shared decision making systems and Patient empowerment.
2. Integration of care
- Comprehensive services across the care continuum;
- Integrated policy-making and management;
- Vertical integration models;
- Integrated process-oriented teams;
- Population health management and chronic care management;
Who will attend?
The 27th EAHM Congress will bring together more than 500 of senior hospital managers and directors as well as a wider range of healthcare organizations including national and regional leaders and researchers from more than 25 European countries. The EAHM presents a long and successful congress history and the 27th edition will continue the trend and be a privileged forum for debate and sharing of experiences on what should be the Role of hospital institutions as agents of innovation in Population Health.
26 – 28 September, 2018
Congress badges are compulsory for admission & access to the scientific programme sessions and the exhibition area.
Wireless Internet access is available free of charge in the Congress venue.
The official Congress languages are English, French and German.
(early bird ends on June 11th 2018, see here)
from € 250 ( € 307.50 VAT incl.)
Congress Dinner: € 65 (VAT incl.)
Accompanying person fee: from 180 € (€ 221.40 VAT incl.)
Rua Diogo do Couto, 1 B
2799-537 Linda-a-Velha | PORTUGAL
Phone: +351 217 712 635